Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My baby sister!

Okay, so I fully intended to post a little about Thanksgiving, but my little sister, Arlene, (not so little anymore, she is 17!) emailed me some pictures that a lady in her ward took. Isn't she beautiful?













And there are some more but for some reason, I can't load them up! Will try again later!

Okay, it's later, it worked this time!






Now I have 3 sisters, and as you can tell, I'm pigment-ally challenged compared to Arlene - she is my half-sister. My other two sisters are adopted, (and long story short, are actually half-sisters to each other, cousins to Arlene, but were adopted by Arlene's and my dad, and by Arlene's mom and so are my sisters and have been and will be, for forever! All three of them are just my sisters, to me!) My other two sisters have even darker skin than Arlene and since I'm blonde and light skinned/eyed it's obvious that we're not "just" sisters. I'm used to not looking like them. But I have to say, that as Arlene gets older, I think we're starting to look alike. We are both tall, although I think I am still taller than her by a few inches, we have similar builds, apparantly we walk the same, and I think that personality-wise, we have many similarities. And I think even facially we are starting to look somewhat alike. She defnitely got her mom's nose, (and looks a lot like her mom for sure) but I think the shape of our faces and our lips look alike. I dunno, what do you think? We're obviously not dead ringers, but if I had darker skin, hair and eyes, or vice versa, I think people would automatically know we were sisters! Very cool, it's a new thing for me!

5 comments:

alicia said...

I think you're both beautiful, how's that!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Reina! Long time no see cuz. You are so gorgeous, it is little wonder your sister is too. I can't believe you have three kids! It seems like just yesterday Reagan was born. And now she's so grown up! It's blowin' my mind man! Blowin' my mind!
How's Boulder treating you guys?

Marie said...

Wow those are great pictures. She is getting so grown up. It is crazy to remember her when I first met you. We are old!!!

D-lyn said...

Hey girl I haven't forgotten you!
I keep hoping my hubby will swing by and get my necklace but he's been working from home for a couple of weeks now.
Thanks for your comments on my blog
It always makes me smile
love you!

Mike and Erika said...

Your sister is so pretty! I can see a slight resemblence between the two of you.