Every year for one of our advent activities we make a gingerbread house! In the last few years, we've started having the kids make and decorate their own graham cracker houses as well, so that they are less tempted to eat and destroy MY gingerbread house...(er...I mean, the family gingerbread house...right? Right.....)
This year we bought our kit at Costco, (no, I don't make it from scratch, I have 3 kids! Who has time for that?), and it smelled soooo very good that I almost wanted to just eat it! I've decided we're buying the one they sell at Costco every year, it's pretty awesome. They make it so easy, the frosting is even already made. I don't even have to break out my Kitchenaid! So we ripped open the package yesterday and went to it!
This year we bought our kit at Costco, (no, I don't make it from scratch, I have 3 kids! Who has time for that?), and it smelled soooo very good that I almost wanted to just eat it! I've decided we're buying the one they sell at Costco every year, it's pretty awesome. They make it so easy, the frosting is even already made. I don't even have to break out my Kitchenaid! So we ripped open the package yesterday and went to it!
The masterpiece in all it's glory....well, maybe not glory. Everyone helps out so it's pretty hodge podge! We have fun, though!
Gavin, placing his candies "just so".... Very proud of his house!
See what I mean?Unfortunately I didn't quite capture the start of one of our next gingerbread house building traditions....Aaron squeezing left over frosting into the kid's mouths. This year, my wonderful, darling, dear husband got a little carried away!
See what I mean? *sigh* It got on my kitchen floor too!
There's no way Raegan would miss out on that action!
Now this is some good, clean fun! Cheap too! Bored? Nothing to do? Squirt icing onto your kid's noses! It's the funnest thing ever! :D
And for kicks, a picture of our Christmas tree. If you look closely, you'll notice that there are NO ornaments higher than 3 1/2 feet on the tree. That's what happens when a 7, 5 and 3 year old are responsible for decorating a Christmas tree! I don't even care enough so far to try and even things out a bit!







3 comments:
This looks like you guys had so much fun!! All the kiddos are so cute! I was just going to tell you Marie gave me your link!
You do so many cute things for Christmas. We do the gingerbread house at Grandmas every year. Love the Candy. More in the mouth than on the house is my motto.
Where do you find the energy?? Wildlife Experience, Gingerbread houses....Your making the rest of us look bad. Looks like fun. I love that you let your kids decorate and that you don't change it...that is the true christmas spirit, good for you.
Post a Comment