Halloween was a lot of fun this year! For once it was low stress and pretty easy! See, I like to make the kid's costumes, not buy them, which means that normally I work on costumes for what seems like the entire month. But this year, I had other stuff going on and so I ended up making Gavin's costume on the 29th and Keaton's on the 30th, just in time for the ward's Trunk or Treat. We already had Raegan's costume so it was really easy.
So over a month ago, everyone picked what they wanted to be. Raegan decided on Violet, from The Incredibles, Keaton wanted to be Super Why (from a PBS kids show he loves!) and Gavin wanted to be Wall-e.
So over a month ago, everyone picked what they wanted to be. Raegan decided on Violet, from The Incredibles, Keaton wanted to be Super Why (from a PBS kids show he loves!) and Gavin wanted to be Wall-e.
All 3 of our kiddos!
Keaton as, Super Why!


I'd like to note that black hairspray color is disgustingly messy. It got EVERYWHERE! Aaron claims he saw a black wig we could've bought, but I never saw one that didn't have white or some other color streaks in them. Oh well!
Thursday night, the 30th was the Trunk or Treat. We go every year and pre-load up on candy, which we then give out for Halloween. LOL
Friday the older two wore costumes to school and had parties, but unfortunately, Aaron and I had to meet with the school physchiatrist/psychologist (can't remember which she was!) about Keaton, so we missed the parties! Then we went and had FREE Chik-Fil-A for dinner, because the kids wore costumes to the restraunt. Then home to get ready! We usually all go trick or treating together, but this year, Aaron wanted to stay home and be a party pooper. :D So I took the kids out and it was lots of fun! The boys didn't last very long though, so I took them back home and took Raegan out again. She really wanted to see her friend from school, that lives in our neighborhood, but we never did find her. Oh well!
People knew that Raegan was someone from the Incredibles, had no clue who Keaton was, and Gavin's costume was definitely the favorite of the 3 of them. We had to stop several times so people could check him out. We didn't seee any other Violets, Super Whys or Walle's.
Halloween night in Colorado is always bitterly cold, and more often than not, it SNOWS. This is a difficult thing for this AZ girl to come to terms with. However, I was shocked this year, as it was downright warm this Halloween! Yes, 55-60 degrees on Halloween is warm! I always have to plan costumes for the cold and even then we usually need jackets, gloves and hats. This year we didn't need any of that. Yeah for Global Warming! :D
So yeah, one more down, just a few more to go! Aaron and I went Christmas shopping for the kids on Nov 1st, so onto the next thing already!

8 comments:
very cute Reina... Miss talking to ya... Call me when you can Love you all A. Becky
They are all too cute. You did an awesome job on the boys costumes. The walle is so cute. My kids like super why too!!
I totally knew who Reagan and Gavin were. You're right, I had no idea who Super Why was. So thanks for the explanation. What a fun time. You did a fantastic job! You planning on coming up here anytime soon. Just wondering if you need an excuse for a quick get away. We'd love to have you guys (or just you, whatever works). And go you guys for getting on top of Christmas shopping already. That's beyond fantastic. I would love to be completely done by Thanksgiving. That's my goal this year.
Love all your costumes!!
Of course they are all very awesome.
My kids love Super Why! In fact I wish all characters taught such great reading skills.
I have to say I saw a WallE costume, but yours is much better! It actually looks like the robot!
Sorry I didn't think to bring candy over the other day....
We have so much I really need to share LOL!
Ooops I didn't realize that last time I was logged in as my daughter!
She loved your costumes too but the previous comment was from me!
Awesome Job on the costumes! Wow you are pretty amazing to be able to pull off making those in a couple of days! Your kids look too cute!:)
I love the kids costumes! Micah loves Super Y too.... You should so live here! Mike worked Halloween, so we could've totally trick or treated together....We miss you and your lil children:) Maybe we will plan a trip up there soon????
You are quite talented. I'm totally in love with that Wall-e costume
Post a Comment