Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gavin's Birthday!

Okay, so Gavin's 3rd birthday was 2 months ago, but give me a break! :D These were too fun to not post, even so terribly late. We met up with grandma and grandpa at ChuckECheese's (a LeGrand family tradition!) and then headed home for presents, pizza and cake. I guess I didn't take pictures at ChuckECheese, oh well! But here's the presents.



Scary red eyes! But isn't he adorable?


All my kids get this intense look on their faces when they open presents. It's hilarious, not only 'cause it looks funny, but they do it exactly the same!



Opening presents!




Tongue hanging out, he liked this one I guess!

Oooh, Cars ice cream cake!



Make a wish!




YUMMY!





You don't have to wear pants on your birthday, didn't you know?





Happy 3 year old!




This is his mean face....too funny to not share!



Okay, so that was his actual birthday, but this year I decided that he needed a BIG birthday party as well. With R & K so close together in bdays, they almost always get a big birthday (only one year we haven't so far), and Gavin hasn't had a big one yet, so it was HIS turn! He wanted a Wall-e party, which then evolved into a space themed party. (I have a hard time swallowing character themes, but I am loosening up a little.....) It was a lot of fun to plan and he LOVED it! Here are the pictures!





Since we were expecting about 25 kids, we decided to have the party mostly in the basement. It has since been "renovated" so here are so before pictures for when I get around to posting the after pictures. Anyway.....kids playing with "Moon Sand", a la space theme party!





Bad picture, but here are the glow sticks they got as prizes.....

I covered all the windows with tin foil to make the basement dark, and to make it look spaceship-ish (probably not a real word!) and hung planets from the ceiling, and we had black lights on as well, to make it look eerie and make stuff glow in the dark. Looked pretty cool if you ask me. Unfortunately, you lose that effect with the camera flash, and you can't see anything without the flash!


After playing the comet game! They threw comets at the sun and planets to win!



Auntie Maggie and her blonde buddy, Gavin.


This was the robot building station - Legos!

Aaron's only assignment for the party - the rocket launch!


The crowd begins to gather in anticipation.....



The birthday boy pushes the launch button....



Hmmmm.....nothing seems to be happening!




Aaron does some troubleshooting....


Gavin is disappointed....






After a little assistance.....



We're ready to try again! 3.....2......1.......



BLASTOFF!





Can you see it? It's there!






Present time!



Awesome! A telescope!



Oh no!

Birthday party meltdown!

Blowing out the candles on the ice cream moon!
And on the rocket!
Yes, I made them both! Not perfect, but I was very pleased!
Back outside for some more rocket launching!
Pretty nifty!



One last activity, the rocket pinanta!



Some intense kids....
Morgan trying to break it open!
And the kids go wild!
Lots of fun for everyone!

And that was the party! It was a LOT of fun for everyone! Gavin is still talking about it, too! Sorry there are sooo many pictures, there's about 200 I didn't post though!

4 comments:

Mike and Erika said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Gavin! He is such a big boy!

Aaron and Reina said...

Erika! Don't leave, I can't look at your blog, can you please invite me? Thanks!

aaron.legrand@gmail.com

BTW, you read my blog, you're tagged re: my earlier post!

Marie said...

Looks like a cute Reina birthday party! You are too cute with all your decor and themes! I wish we could have come. The boys would have loved it. Especially the lego station!

Becky Bevans said...

Gavin is so expressive... How fun love them kiddos!!! How are you doing? Looks like you had some fun planning this one the cake is great..