Okay, so thanks to Marie, I am supposed to blog about 6 quirks that I have. I am terrible at these self-assesment things, but here goes....
1. Like Marie, my elbows are double jointed and bend back further than they should. My ribs also jut out abnormally. I'll stop there with my physical quirks! Not that there aren't any more!
2. We have this old plastic set of red and blue plates and bowels. When I stack them in my cupboard, I have to alternate the colors. i.e. one red plate, then a blue plate, then red, then blue, and so on. We've lost one of the red plates and it bothers me everytime I stack stuff that the pattern has been broken. I'm like that with my other dishes too, things have to be even, matching, or follow a pattern. I have purposefully not been following the patterns lately to try and "break myself" of this quirk, but everytime I open the cupboard it still bothers me!
3. When I got nervous, I used to just stay quiet, but I have now become a nervous talker. You know those people that just kind of ramble on and on so pathetically that you almost would feel sorry for them if you weren't so annoyed and desperate to make your escape? Ummm, yeah, that is me!
4. When I do laundry at my house, everyone's socks, underwear, jammies, etc, get place neatly in their drawers, but mine, I just throw it in all jumbled and call it good!
5. I over-analyze EVERYTHING! I think it's because I'm plagued by insecurity sometimes, and I overthink my interactions with other people. For example, I bumped into a girl and her toddler, that used to be in my ward as I was leaving the post office yesterday, and I said, "hey, I know you!" and gave her a big smile, she just kinda ignored me and looked away, so I got in my car and proceeded to wonder about whether or not she remembered me, maybe she just didn't like me, maybe she thought I didn't remember her name, (I do!) and on and on worrying about whether or not this girl thought I was a stuck up brat, or had some misconceptions about me, and on and on.......
6. Okay, last one.... I am a DIY-er. A Do It Yourself-er for those unfamiliar with the acronym. I don't consider myself an extremely creative person, but I am a really good copier! I like to come up with my own solutions for decorating, crafting, home organization, etc. and then do them! Today on the docket is, figuring out how to turn old, unused picture frames into pretty, inexpensive jewelry displays for my shows! Also, I need to find new fabric to recover some throw pillows and an ottoman. AND.....I despise buying Halloween costumes, I like my kids to be homemade and handmade, so that is on the agenda for the next few weeks as well!
So, I don't think that there are six people that actually read my blog, and even the people I tag might not even read my blog....but I'll tag Becky, Daryllyn, Alicia, Katie..... And anyone else, if you read my blog, consider yourself tagged! Let me know too, so I can read your quirks!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ya you posted it! I almost didn't do mine. I miss having you around to come up with cool projects to do. You always were good about organizing it all!!!
Post a Comment